Print Production Coordinator for Paperlink
● Are you looking for an exciting Print Production Coordinator role in an innovative, fast-moving company?
● Can you deliver quality product to time and budget with multiple demanding schedules and stakeholders?
● Do you want a role with global reach, working to bring Sourcing Brilliance to the business, finding the right things at the right time at the right price that customers want?
● Do you scare the people who know you well (in a good way of course...?)
Paperlink is on a mission to take the greeting card industry to the next level by inspiring, innovating and delighting its clients and customers without the traditional constraints. We are publishers of leading edge, exciting and innovative product. We established ourselves as leaders in humour and contemporary greetings and have continued to have exceptional presence whilst continually striving to change the face of greeting card design.
Your role is to help us ensure we continue to have the ability to adapt and develop within the ever changing greeting card retail market. We are driven by creativity and the desire to bring an exciting concept to reality. Our dedicated team go the extra mile and we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of expertise across all aspects of the company. Your ability to continually identify new, cost-effective print solutions, finishes and add-ons etc. makes you a critical member of the team.
We operate an increasingly international business, servicing both large multiples and independents. There will be occasional travel requirements, both nationally and internationally.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Print Production Coordinator able to integrate quickly into our small team, based in our offices in Kennington, London (Zone 2).
This role will report to the Operations and Finance departments.
The Print Production Coordinator is accountable for managing the whole print and sourcing processes for Paperlink and all sub-brands.
Specifically you will deliver excellence across all aspects of printing and sourcing. You will work closely with the Design and Operations teams as well as Finance to ensure we continue to deliver margin excellence. You will report in to the Creative and Finance Directors across the clearly detailed accountabilities and responsibilities in the link below.
You will design and manage the daily print and sourcing operations and activities in a way that assists company growth and raises the productivity of employees.
You will ensure that the print and sourcing operations are efficient in terms of using as few resources as needed, as well as being super-effective in terms of meeting internal and external client and customer requirements.
· Project managing the print set up from initial concepts through to delivery of launched product to deadlines.
· Supporting the development of company polices, culture and procedures
· Liaising with 3rd party printers both in the UK and internationally.
· Sourcing new products, additional elements and innovative substrates, finishes and paper engineering.
· Monitoring all costs throughout the print process and identifying improvements to these
· Working closely with designers and customer service teams
· Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships between designers, sales and customer service both internally and externally
· Stock management
· Working collaboratively with creatives in sourcing and developing new concepts
At Paperlink we rely on each other as a team to fulfil our commitments to each other. This starts from your application. Attached here are the detailed Accountabilities for the role. If you can fulfil them, then we’d love you to be part of our team.
The Print Production Coordinator is in charge of the print and sourcing operations of Paperlink and all sub-brands. Attention to detail and the ability to analyse data from excel and various database systems is critical. You must have a proactive and positive attitude to developing new systems and efficiencies in order to achieve tight deadlines within costing limitations.
Your positive approach to problem solving across teams has to be a given.
We are a small team, with limited resources, therefore an ability to work with other heads to identify efficiencies and cost effective technologies is necessary. We are looking for a Print Production Manager who is committed and dedicated, able to inspire the teams by their example. Our preferred candidate will have an obsession with excellence, and will be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
● Deep knowledge and in-depth understanding of the whole digital set up, print process and production techniques.
● Experience in working alongside highly creative and challenging people (internally and externally.)
● A love of systems and a natural curiosity that drives your learning and exploration of ‘better’. You must be absolutely confident with any technology you need to turn your head to and own all aspects of print and sourcing systems implementation, adoption and optimisation.
● Experience of the systematisation of process in fluid creative environments, and then the ability to work to deliver this repeatedly and profitably.
● Experience of our industry is desirable but not critical. We know that the Print Production Coordinator we want - the one that scares their friends with their completer-finisher analytical accuracy and drive for brilliance – is chameleon-like in their adaptation to the industry they are focusing on.
● The strength to manage diverse external stakeholders – directly or through your teams - which must translate into increasingly efficient print and sourcing operations, profitability and most importantly customer delight.
Are you the right sort of person?
We are looking for someone who has the above skills to do the job, but perhaps more importantly, we are looking for someone who has the right attitude and who shares our mission.
● Be a proactive communicator.
● Have the ability to communicate without jargon.
● Instinctively look to always help those around you.
● Be a confident facilitator.
● Be an unblocker, with the ability to identify problems and find creative ways to solve them.
● Enjoy variety and have the ability to switch tasks.
● Always striving to make our processes and products better.
● Love simplicity.
● Have an eagerness to learn.
● Believe in the importance of standardisation.
● Have the ability to understand the requirements of our clients and customers.
● Have the ability to work under pressure, with attention to detail.
● Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
● Have the ability to successfully delegate across teams when needed, but also be prepared to dive in and get your hands dirty when needed.
● Be naturally honest and dependable.
How To Apply:
Please email your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 7582 8244 to start a conversation about why the position interests you and why you think that it is the right fit for you.
Recruitment agencies – please don’t contact us.